eNews | Directory
Dear JLS Parents:
Looking to connect with an old friend, or a new parent you just met?
JLS PTA is using UpToUs for its electronic Directory and community messaging (via grade specific parent networks). UpToUs is password protected and you have control over the information you want viewable by others. You may change your information, preferences or privacy settings at anytime. Additional features include the 6th, 7th and 8th grade parent networks, volunteer signups and events. When registering your student this year, you indicated via Infinite Campus your preference to be included in emails from the PTA or in the school Directory. Subsequently, PAUSD has only given us your information if you answered “YES”. So, these are the only names in our directory.
- In order to access the online directory, you must be in the district’s database. Please verify that Infinite Campus has your current information (and that you have completed the ADU (Annual Data Update). If you are still unable to access UpToUs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you want to check or change information seen in the directory, then sign in to hide/delete/update what’s associated with your account. Those who already indicated “No Directory” have been hidden.
- Any emails sent via UpToUs always include the option to “Opt Out” at the bottom.
To sign in to the JLS eDirectory (optional):
- Go to www.uptous.com
- Login using the email address provided to PAUSD (the same one you use for Infinite Campus)
- If something goes wrong, send an email to email@example.com
eDirectory information is replaced each year, so any modifications you make are not shared with PAUSD’s database. To make permanent changes to your information or preferences, please change it by logging in to Infinite Campus and making changes there. The volunteers who produced the directory have made every attempt to ensure the data are accurate, reliable, timely and authorized to be published. Information in the directory is available to families and staff of JLS Middle School and may only be used for school related activities. It may not be used for commercial, political or marketing purposes or otherwise distributed/shared.
In addition, UpToUs has smart phone apps:
The JLS UpToUs group does not function as a chat group. If you would like to chat to other parents, there is a community Facebook page: JLS Parent Community (you must request to become a member on Facebook if you would like to join). Note that it is not appropriate to complain about specific teachers, programs, administrators or students, and those questions will not be forwarded to the group. Feel free to ask private questions to your moderators, but nothing critical can go out to the group. Our communications need to be inclusive, supportive, and welcoming, like our parent networks.
What about eNews? JLS PTA will continue to use eNews to push out school information, district and community news. UpToUs will serve as our eDirectory and (moderated) platform for our grade-level parent networks.
If you have any concerns or comments, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
eNews | Directory