NEWS AND UPDATES
Please make sure you have updated your online Infinite Campus information for the new school year. This is also referred to as the Annual Data Update, or ADU. This will allow the school to contact you with information, updates and events.
JLS 2021-22 Back-To-School Forms are available
Dates to Put on Your Calendar (Zoom links will be emailed to all parents):
- Monday, August 9 at 5:30pm: “New to Palo Alto” Families parent info session
- Wednesday, August 11: First Day of School
- Thursday, August 12 at 5:30pm: JLS Community Zoom (same info covered on Friday at 8:45am)
- Friday, August 13 at 8:45am: JLS Community Zoom (same info covered on Thursday at 5:30pm)
- Wednesday, August 18: Back to School Night
- Wednesday, August 25: Welcome Back Student Social
- Thursday/Friday, August 19 & 20: Picture Day
- (All students are required to have their photo taken for their JLS ID Card. You may purchase additional photos and packages online any time at Lifetouch Photography. The JLS Picture Day ID is EVTZD9FDZ.)
Click here for $6 PTA Membership: we encourage all parents, staff, and community members to join the PTA
Volunteer Opportunities: there’s something for everyone — fill out your interests and availability here
PTA Welcome Letter here
First day of school: August 11 school starts at 8:30am
PAUSD Calendar (includes district holidays, etc.)
Konstella is our new parent communications platform for PTA-to-parent communication, online directory, parent network communication and volunteer signup sheets. We expect it will be up and running by August 30. In addition to Konstella, we have the following connection opportunities
|JLS Middle School Website||JLS Middle School Student Handbook|
Getting to JLS:
|Getting to JLS||Walk and Roll to School Map|
School Meals: PAUSD will offer free breakfast & lunch meals to all enrolled students for the 2021-22 school year. More info here
Middle School Athletics:
Online only registration for JLS Middle School will begin on Wednesday, August 19th at 8:30 am. Go here to register (select “Sports & Fitness” and look for the MSA category). If you have any questions, contact MSA@cityofpaloalto.org.
Logging into Schoology
- Trying to figure out Schoology? If you’re new to these tools, or just need a refresher, check out these helpful tutorials, created by a parent at Duvenek and Greene:
- STEP 1: Logging into PAUSD portal for the first time:WEBSITE: id.pausd.orgVIDEO: https://www.youtube.
- Step 2: How to view your child’s assignment and classroom information on Schoology:
Link to Schoology iNSTRUCTIONS: https://www.
pausd.org/school-life/ educational-technology/ schoologyStep 3: Still having trouble? Email the Tech Support Hotline:
- Stay Connected
JLS enews is a weekly JLS PTA publication that contains important information, announcements, and event notifications from JLS school, JLS PTA, PAUSD and the Palo Alto PTA Council. If you are new to JLS or are not subscribed to the JLS enews, please follow the below links for grade level sign ups. No action is needed on your part if you are already receiving the JLS enews.
- 6th grade: eNews sign up
7th grade: eNews sign up
8th grade: eNews sign up
For questions please send an email to email@example.com.
- The JLS PTA uses UpToUs for our online school directory, allowing parents to connect with one another and participate in Grade Level Parent Networks announcements and meetings. When you completed the PAUSD Annual Data Update (ADA) or registered as a new student, you were asked if you would share your contact info with the PTA. If you clicked “Yes”, you will be in the UpToUs directory and have access to the directory. If you clicked “no”, you will not be in the directory and must create your own UpToUs account.
To get started, go to UpToUs and log in with the same email address that you used when you registered with the school district. UpToUs has mobile apps too:
- Palo Alto Council of PTAs
- For information on parent education or community service and sports opportunities for kids, don’t forget to check out the Palo Alto Council of PTAs website.