NEWS AND UPDATES
Please make sure you have updated your online Infinite Campus information for the new school year. This is also referred to as the Annual Data Update, or ADU. This will allow the school to contact you with information, updates and events.
JLS 2022-23 Back-To-School Information and Forms
Information for the new school year will be available during the first week of August. If you have updated your Infinite Campus information with the district (see above, the ADU), then you’ll be notified August 1 or 2nd. The updated information links will then be posted here.
2022-23 Dates to Put on Your Calendar:
The JLS Calendar is maintained on the JLS school website. Please especially note these activities in August:
- August 1: JLS School Office Reopens
- August 10: first day of school for JLS Students
- August 12: Coffee with the Principal; 8:45-9:30am on the brick patio outside the main office
- August 17: Welcome Back Pizza Night, 5:30-6:30pm for students and families
- August 19: Principal’s Community Zoom, 8:45-9:30am on Zoom (link will be sent out via Parent Square and Konstella)
- August 22: NO SCHOOL (Staff Development Day)
- August 24: Back To School Night, 6:30-8:00pm
- August 26: School Photos (Periods 5-7)
- August 30: School Photos (Periods 1-4)
Click here for $6 PTA Membership: we encourage all parents, staff, and community members to join the PTA
Volunteer Opportunities: there’s something for everyone — the Back to School documents will have an easy google form for you to fill out the volunteer opportunities that fit your interests and availability.
First day of school: August 10 school starts at 8:30am. Please check the JLS School Website for updated info on calendar, bell schedules, etc.
Konstella is our parent communications platform for PTA-to-parent communication, online directory, parent network communication and volunteer signup sheets. In addition to Konstella, we have the following connection opportunities
|JLS Middle School Website||JLS Middle School Student Handbook|
Getting to JLS:
|Getting to JLS||Walk and Roll to School Map|
School Meals: PAUSD will offer free breakfast & lunch meals to all enrolled students for the 2021-22 school year. More info here
Middle School Athletics:
Online only registration for JLS Middle School will begin on August 17th. Every sport will have a registration maximum and registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Parents will not be able to register for multiple seasons in advance. Please note that walk-in registrations will only take place at the Mitchell Park Community Center.
Here is the info on the sports program, which is run by the City of Palo Alto. Go here to register (select “Sports & Fitness” and look for the MSA category). If you have any questions, contact MSA@cityofpaloalto.org.
Logging into Schoology
- Trying to figure out Schoology? If you’re new to these tools, or just need a refresher, check out these helpful tutorials, created by a parent at Duvenek and Greene:
- STEP 1: Logging into PAUSD portal for the first time:WEBSITE: id.pausd.orgVIDEO: https://www.youtube.
- Step 2: How to view your child’s assignment and classroom information on Schoology:
Link to Schoology iNSTRUCTIONS: https://www.
pausd.org/school-life/ educational-technology/ schoologyStep 3: Still having trouble? Email the Tech Support Hotline:
- Stay Connected
JLS enews is a weekly JLS PTA publication that contains important information, announcements, and event notifications from JLS school, JLS PTA, PAUSD and the Palo Alto PTA Council. If you are new to JLS or are not subscribed to the JLS enews, please follow the below links for grade level sign ups. No action is needed on your part if you are already receiving the JLS enews.
- 6th grade: eNews sign up
7th grade: eNews sign up
8th grade: eNews sign up
For questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The JLS PTA uses UpToUs for our online school directory, allowing parents to connect with one another and participate in Grade Level Parent Networks announcements and meetings. When you completed the PAUSD Annual Data Update (ADA) or registered as a new student, you were asked if you would share your contact info with the PTA. If you clicked “Yes”, you will be in the UpToUs directory and have access to the directory. If you clicked “no”, you will not be in the directory and must create your own UpToUs account.
To get started, go to UpToUs and log in with the same email address that you used when you registered with the school district. UpToUs has mobile apps too:
- Palo Alto Council of PTAs
- For information on parent education or community service and sports opportunities for kids, don’t forget to check out the Palo Alto Council of PTAs website.